The following Research Centres are established within the Western Orthodox University and as associated institutions:
Holy Apostles Glastonbury Biblical Seminary
The Seminary trains clergy for the ministry of the Apostolic Episcopal Church and also offers programmes in theology and related areas to members of the public. The programmes available include a pioneering Doctor of Ministry degree intended for clergy of all faiths. The Seminary also encourages research into the smaller churches which have their origins in dissident or missionary Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox roots.
OXCEL-The Oxford Centre for Leadership
OXCEL was established to provide opportunities for members to develop and enhance their leadership skills. Through assessments, leadership coaching, experiential opportunities, simulations and presentations by business leaders, members build confidence, enhance their leadership skills, and gain real-life experiences to apply responsible leadership in all aspects of their lives. OXCEL offers a well-established programme of certifications which are aimed towards leaders in business, public service or the voluntary sector.
Henderson Memorial School of Music
The Henderson Memorial School of Music is named for the late Professor Leonard Henderson, a distinguished musician and consultant on music education. The School offers a number of opportunities for executant musicians and composers to earn degrees in music, particularly at the graduate level, including opportunities for performers to undertake applied research. It is also associated with Romantic Discoveries Recordings, a recording label which has released over 100 CD recordings of world premières of Romantic-era piano music.
Henselt Library of Nineteenth-Century Piano Music
The Henselt Library houses over 2,000 rare scores of nineteenth-century piano music, many of which are not generally available elsewhere. It consists of scores that are mostly for piano 2 hands, with a small number of concerto scores and reductions. Both original works and transcriptions are represented, ranging from miniatures and salon pieces to major sonatas and extended tone-pictures. This variety reflects the importance of the piano in both public concert life and in more intimate surroundings. All items are in the public domain, and their use for performance and recording projects is encouraged.
The Epiphany Guild
The Epiphany Guild is a religious and learned society of Anglican ministers, ordained and lay, founded in New York in 1924 and incorporated in 1931 by Archbishop Arthur Wolfort Brooks (a priest of the Episcopal Church and later founder of the Apostolic Episcopal Church), and revived along its current lines (initially under the name Epiphany Fellowship) by the late Canon Dr Paul Faunch of the AEC and the Church of England. It is an institution of the Apostolic Episcopal Church and today is administered by the Western Orthodox Academy. It has the aim of promoting and raising the standard of worship conducted in the tradition of the Book of Common Prayer.
The Arnold Harris Mathew Centre
The Arnold Harris Mathew Centre had its inception in 2007 as part of European-American University. It was the first university centre anywhere in the world to be devoted to the study of the smaller sacramentally-based churches originating within Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Anglicanism and which are spread throughout the world today.
The J.S.M. Ward Society
The J.S.M. Ward Society is a constituent society of the Apostolic Episcopal Church and a research centre of the Western Orthodox University, established in October 2016 and dedicated to the memory of Archbishop John Sebastian Marlow Ward (1885-1949), sometime Primate of the Orthodox Catholic Church and Archbishop of Olivet in the Catholicate of the West. The J.S.M. Ward Society was established to secure the reputation of J.S.M. Ward as a pre-eminent theologian of the Catholicate of the West and to further interest in his theology as a critical contribution for the spiritual evolution of all people in the 21st century. It aims to publish online a number of works of J.S.M. Ward in newly edited editions, and to disseminate such biographical material and articles on aspects of his life as may become available.
The Amos Bronson Alcott Centre for Educational Research
The Amos Bronson Alcott Center for Educational Research was initially established as a research centre of European-American University in 2007. It has as its main area of research interest independent post-secondary education within the university sector in all of its aspects. This is set in the context of general enquiry into postsecondary education developments around the world with particular regard to institutional status, award applicability and relations between the public and private sectors.
The J.S. Bach Academy
The J.S. Bach Academy was founded in Queensland, Australia, in 2004 and was merged into the Western Orthodox University in June 2017. The Academy is a cultural institution that honours the example of J.S. Bach (1685-1750) as a composer and executant musician of genius; a distinguished pedagogue, an intellect of the highest order and a polymathic artist. From the outset its activities have centred not only upon music but on endeavour in other areas such as literature and the sciences. As such, the Academy stands against the fragmentation of human knowledge and promotes unity and interdisciplinary endeavour. The Academy is a Meritorious Supporter of the Pontificio Istituto Ambrosiano di Musica Sacra and is affiliated to the Australian Society of Musicology and Composition.
European-American University Press
European-American University Press is an imprint for research and informed opinion on the chief areas of independent, non-traditional and spiritual education, nineteenth-century music and the independent sacramental movement. It publishes books and printed copies of published articles, using the latest print-on-demand technology provided by Lulu.com.
The Orthodox Catholic Review
Originally published as the organ of the Catholicate of the West from 1945-53, the Orthodox Catholic Review was revived in 2017 as an occasional internet-published journal of opinion on subjects of interest to the University. The editor and principal author is the University’s Dean of International Development, Professor Luca Scotto di Tella de’ Douglas.