Chief Obioma received the honorary degree of Doctor of Arts on 15 June.
Chief Davies Ako Obioma (Akunwata I) is Chairman/Chief Executive of Worldwide Environmental Technologies Ltd. He was born on 9th July, 1962 at Amachara Umuopara, Umuahia South L.G.A, in Abia State.
- Ezeleke Primary School, Umuabali Umuahia South L.G.A (1967-1969)
- University of Nigeria Primary School Nsukka (1970-1976)
- Madonna High School, Etit Imo State (1977-1978)
- Oboro Secondary school, Ikwuano LGA, Umuahia (1979-1982)
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (1982-1984)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1984-1987)
- SCC & JDP Construction Nigeria / Oversea, (1990)
Current Educational Pursuit:
MBA Student of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Abia State.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- First School Leaving Certificate (1976)
- West African School Certificate (1982)
- Diploma in Religion (1984)
- Bachelor of Science Degree B.Sc. Religion (1987)
- Diploma in Building & Civil Engineering (1990)
- Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Sales Management
- Site Supervisor, SCC & JDP Construction Company, Umuahia Abia State.
- General Manager, Chomen Nigeria Limited, Umuahia Abia State.
- Chairman/Chief Executive, Daman Resources Nigeria Limited.
- Responsible for the construction of building projects and control sites at the Nigerian Naval Base Owerrinta, Abia
- Responsible for the construction of the perimeter gatehouse of the Government House Owerri.
- Responsible for the development, construction, and furnishing of Government House, Umuahia and others surrounding
- Chairman/Chief Executive, Daman Resources Limited.
- Chairman/Chief Executive Worldwide Envii Technologies Limited.
- Responsible for the construction of the grand architecture of the Abia State House of Assembly Complex.
- Responsible for building and road construction projects across the country with branches in Abuja, Yola, Gombe, Eket, Port-Harcourt, Calabar, etc with head office in Umuahia Abia State.
- Construction of Umuafai-Worldbank-Federal Low Cost Housing in Umuahia North L.G.A, Abia State, 2007-ongoing.
- Construction of Umuafai-Ahiaeke Road in Umuahia North L.G.A, Abia State 2007-ongoing.
- Construction of Amangwu—Achara Road, Ihechiowa in Arochukwu L.G.A, Abia State, 2007-ongoing.
- Construction of Osisioma Ring Road in Abia State, 2007-ongoing.
- Construction of Daman Resources Multi-Million Naira Plaza at Umuahia in Abia State, 2004.
- Rehabilitation of Akpabuyo-Atimbo Ekang Road in Cross River State, FERMA, 2004.
- Construction/Rehabilitation of Jibewu-Saroe Road in Yola, Adamawa State, 2004.
- Construction of two 31m x 12m bridges linking Ikot-Akpatek and Ikwe Road in Onna L.G.A of Akwa Ibom State, 2003.
- Rehabilitation of Umuahia Regional Water Scheme in Abia State, 2003.
- Construction of Earth Dam at Nkari in Akwa Ibom State, 2003
- Construction of Ikot-Akpatek-Ikwe-Odio Road Project in Onna L.G.A of Akwa Ibom State, awarded by NDDC, 2002.
- Construction of six classroom blocks at Ezeleke Primary School, Umuahia, in Abia State, awarded by NDDC, 2001.
- Landscaping of the premises of the Government House Quarters, Abia State, 2000.
- Perimeter fencing of the House of Assembly Complex, Abia State, 1998.
- Construction of Principal Staff Offices for the Abia State House of Assembly, 1998.
- Furnishing of eight Duplex Executive Guest Houses, Abia State Government, 1996.
- Furnishing of the Executive Council Chambers, Abia State, 1995.
- Construction of sixteen flats, Domestic Staff Government House, Umuahia, 1994.
- Construction of Legislative Complex, Umuahia Government, Abia State, 1992.
- Construction of six two bedroom bungalows at Government House, Umuahia, Abia State, 1991.
- Landscaping/Drainage control of Naval Base, Owerrinta, Abia State, 1991.
- Fencing of Government House, Owerri, 1990.
Worldwide Environmental Technologies Limited is currently Partner and clients to the following.
- Federal Ministry of Works, Abuja
- Niger Delta Development commission (NDDC)
- Multinational Oil Companies in the Niger Delta oil-producing Areas.
- State Governments of Abia, Imo, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Yoto and Gombe etc.
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources
Citations, Awards and Honours:
- Rotary International (District 194):
International award winner in the field of human endeavor
- Chieftaincy award:
“Akunwata I of Usaka” in Ikwuano Local Government Area of His Royal Highness, Eze Ngwakwe
- Chieftaincy award:
Nnayereugo I of Ezeleke in Umuahia South Local Area by His Royal Highness, Eze Ibeakanma, the Ezeukwu I of Ezeleke
- Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Sales Management, London.
- Prestigious award by National Council of Women Society Nigeria
- Methodist Church Nigeria, Amachara in appreciation of his contribution and charitable donations in the service of God.
- Lady Comfort A. Nwaubani has said “Widows and Less Privileged Foundation appreciate your numerous donations to the widows and less privileged of the Foundation.
- Ezeleke Youth Movement say, “Appreciate your philanthropist gesture in the promotion of peace, unit and growth of youths in the community”
- Ezeleke Elders Council say, “Appreciate your kindness in putting their sons and daughters in positions of authority in Government.”
Chief Obioma expresses his gratitude to the following:
- First to the Almighty God, for His goodness and abundant Blessings (in salvation, wisdom, good health, spiritual and financial breakthrough)
- Gratitude to his parents for their parental care and advice.
- Gratitude to his elder brother, Hon. Iheanacho Obioma (Chomen) for his encouragement and assistance in every field of human endeavor.
- Gratitude to their Excellencies:
Chief T.A. Orji, Executive Governor of Abia State and his wife Mrs. Odochi Orji.
Air Commodore Frank Ajobena
(Rtd) Maj Gen. Lawrence Onaja
(Rtd) Navy Capt. S. Musa,
Chief Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu,
Chief Vincent Ogbulafor (National Chairman PDF)
- and a host of others
- My special gratitude and appreciation goes to my amiable wife, a Medical Doctor of repute, Dr. Mrs. Ugochi Ako Obioma.